Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Long time riding

Have just rewired the bike computer back onto my road bike (Lidia's dad, Vincenzo's old bike) no big deal in it's self . But, seeing as I put the computer on the bike, which for those that don't know just measures the peadalling rate (rpm) and speed I cycle at, I thought I would keep a geeky record of my stats etc. Check out this for an idea of how involved stat taking can get. Vincenzo is worse, hehe.

Anyways, I digress. The thing is my inherited bike computer has covered over 80,000 km according to its odometer. Holey fucking shit, that is fucking far. Lets assume the bike computer has been on that bike for most of it's life, unreasonable assumption? Well, that means the bike has covered that distance. I recently rebuilt the front wheel as the spokes would regularly break, which was getting a little irritating. I though I would leave the back wheel as it is, as if it aint broke and so on.

But, I think the wheels have been with the bike since it was bought, and I recently looked over the back wheel again, and the spokes are well worn where they cross and at the hub. No wonder though, eighty thousand kilometers of use. I hope it holds out for 100 more this weekend, otherwise I will be walking far in cycling shoes, and that wont make me happy.

80,000, I hope I can take it to 100,000.

1 comment:

Edward said...

My stat taking is nowhere near as involved as it used to be! Ahem.